An efficient and future-proof Hospital Information System (HIS) is a key component of a viable health system as Healthcare business models are evolving rapidly. Today, there is need to control processes that govern this sector as costs rise and there is a requirement to manage the information that health professionals need.
Hospital Information System (HIS) or Hospital Management Information System (HMIS) or Hospital Management System software are synonyms of hospital e-Governance initiatives, which means making a hospital management paperless. This includes the clinical, back office and generic management of all activities. It integrates the entire resources of a hospital into one integrated software application.
Major benefits of our HMIS:
The most important benefits that a hospital gains out of a HMIS implementation are:
- Least manpower requirements
- Instant information retrieval
- Timely treatment decisions
- Information sharing between the healthcare specialists across the world
- Allows remote access to all stake holders including patients
- Web based HMIS can also provide services such as online appointment scheduling
- Accepting payment online becomes possible with Ecommerce for payment gateways
- Online claims processing for cashless patients become far too easy
- Access to DICOM images online if HMIS is web based
- Saves lot of money to the promoters if HMIS is web based
The integrated Hospital Management Software provides several management tools such as EMR, which is more of an audit trail of doctors encounters with patients. EMR is a modern way of a hospital treating the patients. EMR covers past history, prescription suggested by doctors, opinion of distant consultants with the help of DICOM imaging or Tele-radiology. This means all vital information is residing in the system, which can be readily retrieved to help in making a timely decision.